Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 9 - A Zentangle® Collage

Today's ATC is strange but ended up being kind of fun. Still frustrated with the state of my collage materials, I decided to make another Zentangle® because I knew I could make it fairly quickly. I didn't want to spend a lot of time on today's card because I'm tired tonight.  I went to the zoo yesterday and my feet are still complaining. Plus yesterday's ATC wasn't actually finished until well after 1 AM, so I didn't get enough sleep last night either.

Before shading the Zentangle® I decided to add some watercolor to it instead - forgetting that it is Bristol board, not watercolor paper. The blue and purple were too thick and went on very dark, so it couldn't be lifted like real watercolor paper would have allowed. I added the border of sawtooth decorative paper and a sticker to give it a little more interest. There's no boo-boo under the sticker, honest! Just too much paint.

Even though I ended up spending more time than I planned, I like combining the doodling and collage so look for more of that in the future. Time for sleep now. Thanks for visiting, now go make art!

No comments:

Post a Comment