Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 111 - Another Sketchcrawl Day

The San Diego Sketchcrawlers' Weekday group met this morning in Balboa Park near Marston Point. It's a very nice area with picnic tables and lots of pine trees so it almost feels like you're in the mountains. Stephen Sloan brought his Chalkboard Ukulele (pictured above). It's a ukulele that he painted with chalkboard paint. So of course we had to document our meeting. I decorated the neck, though it's hard to see. I didn't sketch much because I was late due to confusing directions (you know who you are, but I forgive you) and Rachel brought a copy of Artist's Journal Workshop: Creating Your Life in Words and Pictures by Cathy Johnson, which I spent a fair amount of time looking at and will probably buy soon.
Photo, ribbon.
-----
Go make art!

No comments:

Post a Comment