Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 78 - Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to my Dad; I miss you! He was a stamp collector, primarily of France and French colonies. He also collected British colonies and thought that it was interesting that Great Britain didn't have to identify the country on their postage stamps because "everyone knew the Queen of England". He loved railroads and also Ham Radio. I'm sure at one time I knew why he had 2 call signs, something special I think, but I can't remember anymore. He was very interested in the space missions and also worked on the software that was used for the Apollo missions and tracking the capsule's splashdown. I think the photo was taken in 1947, when he finished his Master's Degree.
Photo and postage stamps.
-----
Go make art!

No comments:

Post a Comment