Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 29 - Collage with Zentangle® #2

Today I went to a meeting of the Zentangle® club at The Stamp Addict, where I met Suzanne Wilka for the first time. She is a very talented local CZT (Certified Zentangle® Teacher). She had been doing some Zentangle® on black tiles, so I showed her my Pilot Latte pens, which are similar to Sakura Souffle pens but have a finer line. I don't think they have the dimensionality of the Souffle pens, but they are very opaque and show up well on black, which is what she was looking for.

Since I got the Latte pens out, I decided to use them for my ATC today as they have some pretty colors. Not being able to leave well enough alone, I was messing with a bunch of different pens on the ATC. Messing is the operative word, here, as that is what I made. Collage to the rescue! Covered up the seriously offending areas, added corner foils, and the pen - which is not so stark black but I gave up trying to get a better photo, so you just have to live with it...

Now I'm off to light a candle to Our Lady of Incompatible Ink.

Go make art!

No comments:

Post a Comment